Is it hard or easy to find a business accounting job in Canada?
As the demand for finance and accounting professionals is consistently increasing across various industries, landing a lucrative business accounting job is accessible. According to canadacis.org, overall employment for accountants in Canada will climb to 79,600 by 2028. Therefore, a good understanding of the business accounting field and what it entails, besides the necessary education and certifications, is imperative to becoming a business accountant. Studying business accounting diploma will give you the knowledge and skills essential to succeed in financial and accounting roles.
The most in-demand accounting jobs in Canada
There are several high-paying accounting jobs in Canada. According to Randstad, the best finance and accounting jobs in Canada in 2023 are the following:
- Bookkeepers- CAD 43,378 per annum
- Accounting clerk and technician- CAD 48,995 per annum
- Financial analysts- CAD 60,395 per annum
- Accountants- CAD 58,500 per annum
- Business analysts- CAD 72,636 per annum
- Financial advisors- CAD 58,263 per annum
- Accounts payable and receivables- CAD 47,316 per annum
- Internal auditors- CAD 82,492 per annum
- Controllers- CAD 110,042 per annum
- Payroll specialists- CAD 60,963 per annum
Please note that the salary for business accounting professionals varies dramatically depending on the city, experience, and skill sets.
Top skills for business accounting professionals in Canada
Several vital skills and qualifications are typically required to land a high-paying accounting job in Canada. Take a look!
- A strong understanding of accounting principles and practices is essential. This includes knowledge of financial statements, budgeting, and financial analysis. Additionally, proficiency in accounting software and tools, such as QuickBooks and Excel, is imperative to efficiently manage and analyze financial data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also crucial for success in this field. As an accountant, you will often work with clients, colleagues, and management, so clearly and effectively communicating financial information is crucial.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills are also essential for success in accounting. The ability to review and analyze financial data and make informed decisions is crucial in this field.
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines are also essential in this field. The roles and responsibilities of an accountant also include working on multiple projects and deadlines at once, so managing your time and staying organized is essential.
- Having relevant education and professional certification, such as CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant), is highly valued by employers in this field. Earning a degree in the field also makes you more appealing to potential employers.
Over to you
If you are interested in pursuing this career, consider obtaining a business accounting diploma. The course will increase your chances of getting hired and open doors to more opportunities. Moreover, studying business accounting diploma in Canada can provide a solid foundation in financial management and opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Canada is also home to many top-ranked educational institutions well-known for delivering high-quality education and permanent residency opportunities to international students. So, explore renowned universities to apply for the course now!